10.8.09

A new England

I was twenty one years when I wrote this song. I’m twenty two now, but I won't be for long. People ask, when will you grow up to be a man? But all the girls I loved at school are already pushing prams. I loved you then as I love you still. Though I put you on a pedestal, they put you on the pill. I don’t feel bad about letting you go, I just feel sad about letting you know. I don’t want to change the world, I’m not looking for a new England. I’m just looking for another girl. I loved the words you wrote to me, but that was bloody yesterday. I can’t survive on what you send every time you need a friend. I saw two shooting stars last night,I wished on them but they were only satellites. Is it wrong to wish on space hardware? I wish, I wish, I wish you’d care. I don’t want to change the world, I’m not looking for a new England. I’m just looking for another girl.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario