15.4.09

About poetry

«I just don't understand it,
what makes our love a sin,
how can it make that difference
if you and I are wearing that bloody, bloody ring.

If I share my bed with you, must I also share my life?

Love is just a moment of giving
and marriage is when we admit
our parents were right.» *


«I used to want to plant bombs at the last night of the proms
but now you’ll find me with the baby, in the bathroom,
with that big shell, listening for the sound of the sea.

I steal a kiss from you in the supermarket,
I walk you down the aisle, you fill my basket
and through it all, the stick I take
is worth it for the love we make.» **

*The marriage. Talking with the taxman about poetry. Billy Bragg, 1986.
**Brickbat. William Bloke. Billy Bragg, 1996.

1 comentario:

  1. en la literatura i en la boxa
    s’empra el mateix llenguatge: l’estil.

    ResponderEliminar