17.8.12

El fascismo de los sueños



I’m really sorry Steven but your bicycle’s been stolen. I was watching it for you ‘til you came back in the fall. I guess I didn’t do such a good job after all. I was feeling really sorry Steven and I spent all morning grieving and everybody’s saying that you’ll take the news gracefully. Somehow I don’t think I’ll get it that easily. I meant her no harm when I left her unlocked outside the Orange Street Food Farm. I was just running in, didn’t think I’d be that long. I came out, she was gone and all that was there was some bored old dog leashed up to the place where your bicycle had been. Guess we’ll never see poor Madeleine again. Let this be consolation, Steven, that all the while you were in England I treated her with care and respect and gave her lots of love and I was usually pretty good ’bout locking her up. Where has she gone? Well, I bet she’s on the bottom of a Frenchtown pond rudely abused on some hescher’s joyride. So I wrote you this song In the hope that you’d forgive me even though it was wrong being so careless with a thing so great and taking your poor Madeleine away, away.




*Crisis, what crisis? Supertramp, 1975.

*Apology song. The decemberists, 2003.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario