17.7.09

The possessed



«Nikolay Vsyevolodovitch looked coldly at him."I only wanted to know, do you believe in God, yourself?"
"I believe in Russia… . I believe in her orthodoxy… . I believe in the body of Christ… . I believe that the new advent will take place in Russia… . I believe … " Shatov muttered frantically.
"And in God? In God?"
"I … I will believe in God."»

«Nikolai Vsyevolodovitch le miró con frialdad. "Sólo quiero saber si usted mismo cree en Dios o no."
"Yo creo en Rusia... Creo en su ortodoxia... Creo en el Cuerpo de Cristo... Creo que su retorno se dará en Rusia... Creo...", tartamudeó Shatov fuera de sí.
"Y, ¿en Dios? ¿En Dios?"
"Yo... creeré en Dios."»

* The Reader of Dostoievsky. Jan Saudek, 2000.
**The possessed [Los demonios]. Fiodor Dostoievsky, 1872.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario